Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Nothing Exciting to Report

Well, happy 20th of July....Nothing special to drop in with really special to drop in with these days.

Starting this weekend, I go fulltime at the hotel, YEAHOOO! Well not really, the hours will be hell on earth and I will be a walking corpse, the thing is that I have to give it a try or I will never know what it is like. Basically, it is 42 hours a week - mandatory 12 hour shifts each time I work. So basically Week one = 48 hours (4 days), week two = 36 hours (3 days). The good news is that I get 3 and 4 days off respectively, so who knows, maybe I will like it! The huge downside is spending 12 hours a day, alone, at the hotel. If I am lucky, there is 4 hours worth of work....Other than that, I read, drink some tea, check the internet, and blog!

On a happier note, because I am in France, I get 5 weeks of paid vacation a year. I can also squeeze two weeks into one if I want and take a whole week off if need be as well, pretty cool! I leave on the 29th on vacation and am starting to get excited - you know buying cute summer clothes, stocking up on sunblock, etc... Today I get to go to the grands magasins. Specifically, I will be going to Printemps. Basically, this is a mammoth version of like a Bloomingdales where they have every overpriced thing available at ridiculous prices. The good news is, Petit Bateau, the T shirts I love, are on sale there plus I get a discount from the hotel.

Other than that, Nick is doing great and also looking forward to vacations too. I wonder what I will do if I ever end up back in the U.S. where you get a maximum of 2 weeks per year, YUCK!!!

I wish I had more to say but unfortunately, I don't!

Take care,
Jen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home