Tuesday, September 13, 2005

News from the Everyday


So I come to my readers with news from Paris, the interesting things that have taken place over the past couple of days, and some of the not-so-interesting as well! To start with, i have included a picture Alice took of me at the end of a 12 hour day at work - notice the lack of make-up and the look that says,"I will eat you if you get too close." Alice thinks it is a great pic, so here ya'll go!

Let's see, it was "ladies night" on Saturday night after the super-macho bday of my bfriend on Friday night. Basically, the night started in the breakfast room of the hotel where I work with several bottles of wine, curling irons, makeup, etc... We spent a good couple hours getting both drunk and cute. After that, the girls went out for a night on the town with OTHER girls. To be more clear, to a lesbian club. Why, you ask? Why not, I respond... Its called le Pulp. So, upon entry, we saw this ENORMOUS butch picking a huge fight with an already enormous bouncer and not losing too badly. The rushed us in the door as she kicked the barricades in front of the club down. Great start to an evening out! We get it, and its girls on girls on girls on girls with a handful of overly-optimistic male spectators. At first it wasn't so bad, until you realized that the few guys that were there were most likely girls and there were like 80 percent butches which was slightly discouraging. Just for the hell of it, I tried dancing with this little cute girl, who looked ENTIRELY harmless and too young to be a full on lesbian. I WAS WRONG. Not only did she take little interest in me (I'm cute, no?) but she ended up at the bar about 30 minutes later fingering some other girl in a skirt on a barstool, yeahooo!!!! So much for my assumptions about age and lesbianism. So basically, i finished the night in a place full of girls, and morever, full of girls who like girls without really getting hit on 1 time!!!! I AM INSULTED. Alice, my girl-friend (not my girlfriend) explained to me that I was too "cute". In other words, i think i scream straight. Oh well, i tried not to take it to heart. All in all, the place was cute, the drinks weren't too bad but the DJ sucked major ass (or clit?). One of the reasons it was so crazy that night is because it was Techno Parade in Paris. All the clubs celebrate techno and everyone goes out to party and get trashed.

Monday, we got invited to go to a huge expo called Cosmeeting where everyone in cosmetics in Europe gets together to sell sell sell. Coming from the hotel, we said that we were interested in replacing the products in the bathrooms, blah blah blah. The people were totally stuck up except for this line from South Africa. We got out with a nice bunch of goodies and a great deal of making fun. Definitely NOT a do-againer unless you are totally in the industry (which I am not anymore).

Well, there is the story of Jen from the last couple days. Hope everyone is well and that you are all enjoying the Paris tidbits!

Jennifer

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks so much for the Julianne Moore comment, that ALWAYS makes my day. I think I am going for a huge walk in the fashion district of Paris tomorrow to get a haircut and to feel glamourous. Things have been getting down in my life lately, so a little shopping (you know cosmetics, new bra, etc...) can always add a little light on any situation!

Jennifer

8:48 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Jen,

I agree with Sweetpotato--it does look like Julianne Moore.
People always tell me I look like Meryl Streep, Madonna, or Jo Dee Messina--CRAZY.

Your weekend sounds fun and exciting.
I have never been to a Lesbian bar--been to many Gay bars, but at gay bars it is mostly men.
Have you ever been to The Baton Club in Chicago on Clark? It is an AWESOME drag show. Loads of fun!

Keep sharing your Parisian adventures!

Jen

5:04 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I never caught this last post, thanks so much for the Julianne Moore thing, god that really is great!

I am going to do some more club stuff this weekend and I will keep the blog up to date, PROMISE!!

Jen

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home