Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Nothing Terribly Interesting for the Moment

I am sorry I have not had much to report recently, it just so happens that I have not done anything all that interesting over the past couple days as work has been...well, trying. On top of that it has been visits to the dentist, running around and doing annoying day-to-day stuff!

But, for the sake of my faithful readers, I have planned a fantastic ladies night again next Sunday. There is a club in paris called ¨Pink Paradise." Yes yes, typically this is a men's strip club (to put it frankly) but Sunday night is ladies night! This includes, great cosmos, hair dressers, people to do massages and YES, POLE DANCING LESSONS! Basically, it sounds like a total friggin' blast so I am getting all the ladies together, WITH THE CAMERA, and we are going to party!!! WOOHOO!

Aside from that, there really isn't anything new to report except for the amazing health care system on behalf of the French government. I had the lovely experience of getting a cavity refilled (as the filling from the U.S. broke) and I walked out the door with a $40 bill. I don't ever remember going to the dentist in the U.S. and walking out with a bill like that even WHILE I paid astronomical costs for health insurance. Furthermore, it isn't through your company it is through the state so EVERYONE has it ALL the time! It costs a wopping $200 a year!! Well, gotta love France!

A bientôt,
Jennifer

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Ironwood said...

Just thought I'd relay a warning about the hazards of pole dancing...

9:20 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

ldh - urgh, thanks, perhaps it isn't the best activity to take on drunk! Hey, I danced when I was younger, you know I was a big time pom pom girl!!! ;) Well, I'll keep you posted on the event, and any injuries that follow! Thanks,
Jennifer

2:00 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Jen-

Sounds like a great time! I cannot wait for your pole dancing report.
2 more interesting things--My DH (dear husband) and I are also against organized religion...and I used to be a pom pom girl in high school.
STRANGE! HA!
Hooray about your $40.00 filling! That is amazing!
Do you find that the health care system (other than the price) seems to be comparable to the U.S.?
My DH is a physician so I am always interested in things like that.
Have fun on your girls night out and be safe!!!!
Jen

5:40 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Jen--

where oh where have you gone??? It has almost been 2 months since your last post----
Return soon--you are missed!

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home