Friday, November 11, 2005

So much for everyday!

Well hello everyone who I have lost touch with. Je suis vraiment desolée!!!!! Basically, things have been terribly UNINTERESTING and as I have been working nearly 50 hours a week, my daily life has not been entirely exceptional. I will however, leave a couple quick notes/updates:
  1. I never made it to that strip club - long story short, everyone started to bail out but I promise I will post as soon as the next opportunity comes up!
  2. I have officially sold my horse :( He is happy where he is but they are going to resell him soon which makes me a little sad I have to admit! Anyhow, I only owned him for a little while and I gave him a great home while I had him. I can't do anything for him now!
  3. I have recently rejoined my sports club! It's called "Usine" which means factory in French. It sounds kinda crappy but it is totally class!!!! The Rock was there the day before yesterday! Anyhow, it is totally equipped with everything but a pool. When I go, my routine consists of the following: cardio for 20-30 minutes on the eliptical stair master, musculation (2 times per week legs, 1 time per week arms), hammam, sauna, incredible shower, and then pampering with lotions and perfumes and such. The place is totally equpped - see that here. I also tend to do a couple group things like Ashtanga Yoga, Pilates, Box Chic, etc.... It is a total place for snobs, maybe that' s why I love it so much!
  4. I am planning my trip back to the good old US of A! I should be arriving December 27th and leaving again around January 5th. I plan on totally partying for new year's! I will be with my brothers and my parents and finally get to spend a little time with my nephew who I don't even know... I am totally looking forward to snow because that is just something we don't have here!
  5. I recently did the private press sale of a brand called Miss Sixty - incredible prices and I am so freakin' hip with my clothes that I don't even recognize myself in the mirror. If I could just keep up the workouts a little bit I would be drop dead!
  6. Also, I recently saw George at Camille Albane (see previous post) and my god, my hair is stunning! It is not often that you look at your hair in the mirror and say to yourself,"Geez, I have great hair!" The amazing thing is that I stopped coloring it almost two years ago now and it is finally it's real color and hey, it ain't so bad!!! I am not as red as I would like but it still has that strawberry blond thing going on.

So, as far as Paris notes, I feel entirely obliged to tell you about a restaurant called Soprano's! I know the two owners (Philippe and Nikos) and the place is fantastic. It is a sort of Franco-Italian place with a true sense of taste and service. It has a small capacity which adds to the romantic aspect of it. They have some of the best selection of italian wines in Paris (I have tried a good portion of them) and some of the best Café Crème you have ever tried in all your life. The whole staff is good looking (a little desert for the eye as well) and their hand made pastas are to die for. Anyhow, they don't have a website or anything, but it is at the top of my list for places to go!

Soprano

5, rue Rameau

Paris 75002

01.42.96.01.76

Another place I feel aboslutely obliged to mention is Restaurant Etienne Marcel. I went there the other day with my girlfriend (girlfriend in the old fashion sense of the word), Erin! Basically, it is the kinda place you go to where everyone is getting off how hip they look in a place like that. They have little lamps that look like intestines - interesting for a restaurant, no? Anyhow, if you can afford to eat there, the food is fantastic but you better not be too hungry because they are not impressive portions. The cocktails, however, are absolutely delightful. My personal favorite is the Strawberry Collins with REAL strawberries and no shortage of vodka! There is absolutely no problem in just going there for a drink - it is the major meeting place for Erin and I and we always have a blast!

Restaurant Etienne Marcel

34, rue Etienne Marcel

Paris 75002

01.45.08.01.03

Okay, last recommendation! Funny story - as I work in a hotel, there are often men who come with fairly good looking women who are absolutely NOT their wives (despite the deceiving wedding band around their finger) and they rent a room for a few hours. Classy, I know! Anyhow, there is one couple that comes fairly frequently and this girl had the most stunning long silky pantene commercial hair. So, being a total girly, i decided to ask her what she did to have such fantastic hair. Well, it's a mark called Leonor Greyl. I bought all the products including the following: Shampoo with Bamboo, Palm Oil, Jasmin conditioning mask, etc... I have to admit, that my hair looks absolutely fantastic with these products and since I have long hair, I cannot wash it everyday. With these products (specially made for long hair) it doesn't even look icky at all until like day 3!!! I know that sounds totally disgusting, but with other products I have to like wash my hair every other day maximum and it's really not good for long hair because the oil from the scalp never really touches the ends so basically you just destroy your hair! Check out the website, it's in English too. If you want to visit the salon in Paris for a personal consultation, see below for the address!

Léonor Greyl

15, rue Tronchet

Paris 75008

01.42.65.32.26

Basically things have been fairly trying in my life lately and instead of spilling all of that stuff into my blog, I decided to try and keep it interesting instead! But, hey, I got a raise!!!!! (WOOHOOO) This basically means I can buy more clothes! I have my heart set on this black velvet embroidered blazer that is like 172 euros (even more in dollars) that I still feel FAR TO GUILTY to actually buy! Let's see if I crack because I pass it ALL the time in the window.... Recently, however, I have spent like 100 euros on hair product, 45 euros on my hair cut, 200 euros on new shoes (2 pairs but very cute!), 100 euros at the Miss Sixty sale, 1200 euros on my sports club so I am going to have to calm down a little bit on the vanity stuff before my bank account goes into a black hole!!!

That's all for now folks, I will try and force myself to be a little more diligent!

Jen

4 Comments:

Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Bon Jour Jen!

So glad you are back to the blogging world. I LOVE all your stories and rectaurant, salon (and how GYM) recs! Thanks so much!
I am glad you are loving your hair. As I get older mine gets lighter and lighter. I keep dying it darker, but then the roots drive me insane! Next time I visit Paris I am sooooo going to see George at Camille!

Please do not go MIA for so long again. You may think your life is incredible boring, but believe me lots of us would trade with you in a heartbeat--PARIS**SWOON!!!

By the way, do you ever shop at Colette?

Thanks for a great post with great recs!

Jen

6:30 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

RESTAURANT--not rectaurant--sorry

6:30 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

He He He!! I'm glad you haven't forgotten about me!

I dyed my hair for like years and years and it was about 2 years ago that I last dyed it. I guess I figured that I was going to go gray one day or another and have a good reason to dye it so I might as well enjoy NOT having to do it. VOILA! So anyhow, although the style is great (althouh a little on the short side - I had all the damaged ends to cut), I still wish I was a flaming redhead!

LOL, I promise I will try and keep up more often, I am so glad that at least my blog counts for someone!!! Too cool!

And Colette, it is about 5 minutes walk from my house. To go 'shopping' there would be an overstatement as the prices are just so incredibly ridiculous that I don't think I would even buy a candy bar! I think there is even a starbucks downstairs now! Anyhow, I should do a little special on Colette. Also, I am think about putting highlights outta the French girlie magazines that I read on my blog as well!

Anyhow, thanks for the post!

Jen

11:46 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

SP - I promise that I will try and get some pictures of my hair as SOOOON as possible. I just have to buy a crappy digital camera actually - something I can do easily in the U.S.

I am totally going back to Chicago. Forget California, it doesn't feel like home at all to me because home is where my bros are at! ;) Also, my parents are flying in as well so we can all spend some time together.

I guess I should feel intimidated by the fitness place, considering all the little girls who come in to get picked up. They life 2 lb weights like 3 times during thirty minutes and look cute. I, however, am sweating buckets on the stairmaster for thirty minutes, then going and doing thighs, arms, back, butt, blah blah blah. I am DEFINITELY not cute while I am there!!! Anyhow, I think it's all kinda funny the whole trendy thing!

More good stuff to come, I PROMISE!!!

Jen

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home